The entry in Wikipedia talks of the elevator burning. That was the first elevator. This second elevator in the photos burned in the mid 1970’s. It was due to be rebuilt, but funding problems arose.
The village of Delft was established as a railroad station in 1892. Ten years later, on June 18, 1902, the village was officially platted by the Inter-State Land Company. The community was named after the city of Delft, in the Netherlands, previous to which it was called Wilhelmine.
Delft was a station on the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railroad, which ran through the southwestern part of the township, en route from Jeffers to Bingham Lake. Shortly after the original elevator was built, the village had its first fire which burned the Farmers Elevator Company, its coal sheds, and the railroad company’s stockyards – all of which were rebuilt immediately after. At one time, there was also a general store, hardware store, a general farm implement sales business, as well as a creamery.
Established in a predominantly Mennonite area, by the 1950s approximately 400 members of Mennonite Brethren and General Conference Mennonite churches resided within a 5-mile radius of the little community’s two Mennonite churches. The Carson Mennonite Brethren Church, founded in 1875 and closed in 2005, and the now independent (as of ca. 2002) Immanuel Mennonite Church, originally established in 1940.
A post office began operation in Delft in 1903. It was closed in 1993.
Source: Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delft,_Minnesota